free hit counter
The Failure of Atheism to Account for Existence - Page 9 - Redneck Clubhouse - Of, By and For Rednecks!

Sunday Gota Meetin' Religion and the discussion of right and wrong

Old July 12th, 2013, 10:00 PM
Registered Beer User
Asteroids Champion 007 Everything or Nothing Champion 9-Ball Champion Bombing By Night Champion Flash Pacman Champion Carmageddon Champion Gotham Punch Champion

Likes Given: 7,695
Liked 2,907 in 2,357 Posts
Midnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant future

NOW HEAR THIS!!!

The whole world is wrong and Rawlings is right! We should all bow to his superior intellect and immediately quit our doubtful, heathen ways! We should immediately stop replying to his threads because he is THE authority, not God. We should merely read and absorb and By God rep every one of his posts and express our fealty to the superior one!
Old July 12th, 2013, 10:45 PM

Likes Given: 129
Liked 75 in 67 Posts
fyrenza is a name known to allfyrenza is a name known to allfyrenza is a name known to allfyrenza is a name known to allfyrenza is a name known to allfyrenza is a name known to allfyrenza is a name known to allfyrenza is a name known to allfyrenza is a name known to allfyrenza is a name known to allfyrenza is a name known to all

Rawl? God, Himself, gave ALL of us the choice of believing, or not believing,

even down to HOW we believe.

We can't just ATTACK other folks that don't believe what we do ~
if our words about The Truth that we know don't reach them,
then our actions have to speak the fact that His Spirit lives within us,

and His Spirit is not spiteful, nor malicious, TOWARDS ANYONE ~

we're His creations,
and in His good time, each of us will be brought into the fold,

as He wills.

On a more "homey" note ~

You can catch more flies with honey than with vinegar.
Old July 13th, 2013, 04:58 PM
Person of Interest

Likes Given: 24
Liked 91 in 84 Posts
Amadon is just really niceAmadon is just really niceAmadon is just really niceAmadon is just really niceAmadon is just really niceAmadon is just really niceAmadon is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by fyrenza View Post
Rawl? God, Himself, gave ALL of us the choice of believing, or not believing,

even down to HOW we believe.

We can't just ATTACK other folks that don't believe what we do ~
if our words about The Truth that we know don't reach them,
then our actions have to speak the fact that His Spirit lives within us,

and His Spirit is not spiteful, nor malicious, TOWARDS ANYONE ~

we're His creations,
and in His good time, each of us will be brought into the fold,

as He wills.

On a more "homey" note ~

You can catch more flies with honey than with vinegar.
Very well said! Thank you!

True religion is to know God as your Father and man as your brother. Religion is not a slavish belief in threats of punishment or magical promises of future mystical rewards.
- The Urantia Book
Old July 13th, 2013, 05:08 PM
Person of Interest

Liked 91 in 84 Posts
Amadon is just really niceAmadon is just really niceAmadon is just really niceAmadon is just really niceAmadon is just really niceAmadon is just really niceAmadon is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rawlings View Post
More at exasperated with your naiveté.

Because it encourages the typical fascist behavior of the new atheism whereby intellectual dishonesty and self-delusion hide behind a wall of mindless ridicule and scorn. Because it aids and abets a certain attitude.
The behaviour of others is not my responsibility. If they choose to misbehave there's nothing I can do about it. I choose to keep my composure no matter how others behave towards me. That's not naive, it's reality.

Quote:
What are your motives?
To learn about the thoughts and ideas of others.

Quote:
Why did you ask me questions that were in fact rhetorical statements that could only serve to undermine credibility and encourage the recalcitrance of darkness, heedlessly reinforce ignorance and hypocritical self-righteousness?
There wasn't anything malicious in my questions. Why can't you just answer them?

True religion is to know God as your Father and man as your brother. Religion is not a slavish belief in threats of punishment or magical promises of future mystical rewards.
- The Urantia Book
Old July 13th, 2013, 05:15 PM
Person of Interest

Liked 91 in 84 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rawlings View Post
Amadon, Midnight is implying that your sentiment, with which I agree and which is in perfect agreement with the nature and the thrust of the ontological imperatives of origin, to also mean that you agree with his convoluted allegations that these imperatives are something other than that which is "reasonable to logic, plausible to philosophy, essential to religion. . . ."
All he did was comment on the spirit of the post. How can you draw such an implication??

- The Urantia Book
Old July 13th, 2013, 05:54 PM

Likes Given: 129
Liked 75 in 67 Posts
fyrenza is a name known to allfyrenza is a name known to allfyrenza is a name known to allfyrenza is a name known to allfyrenza is a name known to allfyrenza is a name known to allfyrenza is a name known to allfyrenza is a name known to allfyrenza is a name known to allfyrenza is a name known to allfyrenza is a name known to all

Two things occur to me :

1) I'm a Christian, and have known that MM was an atheist,
but he :

2) allows ALL of us to have our say, IN HIS HOUSE,

and there's never been any problem with the folks here understanding that some of us are religious, and others are not, and others are atheists and/or other "denominations," with totally different philosophies of interpretation.

This is his forum ~
which he pays for, maintains, adds tweaks to, etc.,

and in this venue, we are here, at HIS "grace."

We don't sling shit at him,
and he's very permissive in letting us voice our own beliefs/opinions,
whether or not he, personally, agrees with them.

But that shit slingin' thang won't wash, here ~

not with ANY of us.

Being reasonable, and allowing for The Other Facets,
is OUR only way to see the reality that we were given.
Old July 30th, 2013, 07:46 PM

Likes Given: 0
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
manofleisure is on a distinguished roadmanofleisure is on a distinguished road
Default Nobody knows ....

How we came to be, but that's no reason to go around aking up gods to explain it away.