free hit counter
What's The Story With Testosterone? - Redneck Clubhouse - Of, By and For Rednecks!

Science and Technology Developments that shape how we live our lives

Old June 4th, 2017, 08:58 PM

Likes Given: 58
Liked 47 in 46 Posts
Josey Wales will become famous soon enoughJosey Wales will become famous soon enoughJosey Wales will become famous soon enough
Default What's The Story With Testosterone?

I keep seeing these ads on TV for testosterone or testosterone supplements and the claims are aging men will regain their youthful physical prowess and vigor, so if testosterone is the end all be all anti aging stay healthy drug for men, then why isn't it prescribed to all of us?

Or are the claims horse manure?
Old June 4th, 2017, 10:55 PM
Registered Beer User

Likes Given: 7,697
Liked 2,907 in 2,357 Posts
Midnight_Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight_Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight_Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight_Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight_Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight_Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight_Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight_Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight_Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight_Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight_Marauder has a brilliant future

If you think you have Low T then see your doctor. He will do a blood test to verify and if you do have he will put you on a real testosterone regimen with real hormones. These supplements claim to boost your normal production of T, but if you have Low T there is a medical reason these supplements do not address.
Old June 5th, 2017, 03:37 PM
€COM#1

Likes Given: 766
Liked 1,828 in 1,622 Posts
moomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant future

Not quite the whole story. Since the Pill, estrogen has entered the water systems in huge amounts, and it certainly isn't unreasonable to stock up on the T.
Old June 5th, 2017, 07:08 PM
Registered Beer User

Midnight_Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight_Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight_Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight_Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight_Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight_Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight_Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight_Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight_Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight_Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight_Marauder has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by moomin View Post
Not quite the whole story. Since the Pill, estrogen has entered the water systems in huge amounts, and it certainly isn't unreasonable to stock up on the T.
The supplements Josie is talking about contain NO T. They're herbal supplements that are claimed to promote the body's natural production of T.

If you have low T you need to see the doctor, get the blood test, and go on the actual hormone replacement therapy. Not waste your money on these dubious "supplements."
Quote:
Since the Pill, estrogen has entered the water systems in huge amounts
Because those mean ole bitches PEE into the same system we mean ole men do! But seriously, BPA from plastic bottles has been shown in several studies to be a cause of low T in men. Swedish study here.
Quote:
and it certainly isn't unreasonable to stock up on the T.
It's very unreasonable since, it isn't legal to obtain it without a prescription. That is why none of these "supplements" contain any.
Old June 5th, 2017, 10:20 PM

Liked 47 in 46 Posts
Josey Wales will become famous soon enoughJosey Wales will become famous soon enoughJosey Wales will become famous soon enough

Well THANKFULLY I have my own well for water. I'm not hooked up to the village for water or sewer, I have my own septic system too.

But I don't think I have low T, even though they say you make less and less as you age, but supposedly if you take a testosterone supplement, or even prescription T, you feel better, have more energy, lose fat, can jump over the moon, yada, yada... so what I was thinking was, since they say all men make less T as they age, why don't they just give it to all of us at some point to make up for what they say we're lacking as we age, if it's supposed to be such a great help to our health?
Old June 5th, 2017, 11:11 PM
Registered Beer User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josey Wales View Post
Well THANKFULLY I have my own well for water. I'm not hooked up to the village for water or sewer, I have my own septic system too.

But I don't think I have low T, even though they say you make less and less as you age, but supposedly if you take a testosterone supplement, or even prescription T, you feel better, have more energy, lose fat, can jump over the moon, yada, yada... so what I was thinking was, since they say all men make less T as they age, why don't they just give it to all of us at some point to make up for what they say we're lacking as we age, if it's supposed to be such a great help to our health?
Because it can kill you, rapidly accelerate aging, if it is more than is needed. That is why it is regulated.
Old June 6th, 2017, 08:50 AM

Liked 47 in 46 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnight Marauder View Post
Because it can kill you, rapidly accelerate aging, if it is more than is needed. That is why it is regulated.
Hmmm... looks like too much really isn't good for you... The Myth of Too Much Testosterone | Everyday Health

Yeah I feel fine. I eat good, sleep good, feel good in general. I'm having some major renovations done to my shop right now and I've been out busting my ass all day for the last week and half helping, and it's no problem at all. If anything, I feel better. Exercise always makes me feel good.

I was just wondering if a little extra testosterone would actually benefit men, but I guess it does appear too much is bad, so that idea is done.
Old June 6th, 2017, 12:13 PM
Registered Beer User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josey Wales View Post
Hmmm... looks like too much really isn't good for you... The Myth of Too Much Testosterone | Everyday Health
Knee-slapper quote from the article:
Quote:
"The reason you see symptoms like shrunken testicles and breast enlargement is because a lot of excess testosterone is converted to the female hormone estrogen,”