free hit counter
Time to pull out the History books. - Redneck Clubhouse - Of, By and For Rednecks!

History US history topics

Old February 13th, 2011, 02:06 PM
Truthist

Likes Given: 4
Liked 2 in 2 Posts
Cole.Bostick is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Cole.Bostick
Default Time to pull out the History books.

Who in your eyes was the WORST President of the United States? Time to discuss...
Old February 13th, 2011, 02:08 PM
Registered Beer User

Likes Given: 7,697
Liked 2,907 in 2,357 Posts
Midnight_Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight_Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight_Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight_Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight_Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight_Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight_Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight_Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight_Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight_Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight_Marauder has a brilliant future

It doesn't get much worse than Lincoln and FDR IMO.
Old February 13th, 2011, 02:26 PM
Chewing my nails

Likes Given: 18
Liked 17 in 16 Posts
UrPrsnlJesus is infamous around these parts

Prior to President Lincoln, the Constitution was a contract between State and Federal Governments. Any violation of that contract meant the contract was null and void. President Lincoln established the precedent that any state that chose to exercise that option would be attacked with such force necessary to return them to the Union. Hence, I feel that he is hands down the worst President ever because he irrevocably changed the very system of Government that we live under for the worse.
2 Likes this
Old February 13th, 2011, 04:32 PM
Truthist

Liked 2 in 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by UrPrsnlJesus View Post
Prior to President Lincoln, the Constitution was a contract between State and Federal Governments. Any violation of that contract meant the contract was null and void. President Lincoln established the precedent that any state that chose to exercise that option would be attacked with such force necessary to return them to the Union. Hence, I feel that he is hands down the worst President ever because he irrevocably changed the very system of Government that we live under for the worse.
Worst part... he turned a Civil War over "STATE RIGHTS", into a War on Slavery... sad. Very very sad.
Old February 13th, 2011, 07:46 PM
Tranparencist

Liked 4 in 4 Posts
Jonathan Toth from Hoth is on a distinguished road

George W. Bush...too much military, too many government contracts, too much wire tapping, too much cronyism, too many lies...but I got to admit, that helped Obama win in more ways than one!
Old February 13th, 2011, 07:58 PM
Chewing my nails

Likes Given: 18
Liked 17 in 16 Posts
UrPrsnlJesus is infamous around these parts
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cole.Bostick View Post
Worst part... he turned a Civil War over "STATE RIGHTS", into a War on Slavery... sad. Very very sad.
Looks like somebody has been studying his history.
Post liked by
Old February 13th, 2011, 10:20 PM
Truthist

Liked 2 in 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan Toth from Hoth View Post
George W. Bush...too much military, too many government contracts, too much wire tapping, too much cronyism, too many lies...but I got to admit, that helped Obama win in more ways than one!
Jon you do realize that people are now looking back on G. W. and saying he was one of the greatest presidents of our era... correct? You know that we were already 5 trillion dollars in debt before Bush took office...? You also realize Bush implemented all those tax cuts so that he could reduce the unemployment rate (which was greatly caused by the stock market crash of the 9/11 attacks), you also realize that war saved this country from 100% depression..., I do not think the wire taps were right... but when "YOUR" Nation is under attack and has a high threat of being attacked again... I can understand the wire tapping. Obama hasn't done anything different... If anything he increased it by allowing the new Patriot Act to be re-approved... If he was truly for the "American People", then why would he allow this? Why would he allow men and women like you and me to be detained for our political and social beliefs? Because they are all "LIKE MINDED". This idea of a FREE WORLD is only an AMERICAN "DREAM". We are not free... we are mice among tyrants. The lies will continue no matter who is in control.

Now I don't stand for either the Republican party or the Democratic party... I'm a Truthist... a Constitutionalist... What these men did was against the Constitution and was against the American Dream. These are rough times, with rough times comes rough measures? This is a long ways away from what the Founding Fathers wanted. Can I get an amen?

---------- Post added at 09:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:19 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by UrPrsnlJesus View Post
Looks like somebody has been studying his history.
Indeed I still argue with people to this day about that simple fact... It's like it's not in the History books or something... Sorry if I read AHEAD of the rest of the class lol. It only gives reasons for the Black race to hate on the White race. Why would they allow these lies to be taught?
Old February 13th, 2011, 10:20 PM
Registered Beer User

Likes Given: 7,697
Liked 2,907 in 2,357 Posts
Midnight_Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight_Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight_Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight_Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight_Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight_Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight_Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight_Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight_Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight_Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight_Marauder has a brilliant future

Hey Jonathan:

Barack Obama...too much military, too many government contracts, too much wire tapping, too much cronyism, too many lies...but I got to admit, that helped the repugs win the house back in more ways than one!

Where's the change?
Post liked by
Old February 13th, 2011, 10:31 PM
Truthist

Liked 2 in 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunner View Post
Where's the change?
Nothing will change... only stay the same. Another power-hungry business man will take office... and put Americans out of work and will put more young Soldiers lives at risk. It's okay though... cause we Americans support this.

(COMPLETE SARCASM!)
Old February 17th, 2011, 08:21 AM
is reading this thread

Likes Given: 218
Liked 818 in 618 Posts
Xenophon is a jewel in the roughXenophon is a jewel in the roughXenophon is a jewel in the roughXenophon is a jewel in the roughXenophon is a jewel in the roughXenophon is a jewel in the rough

Barry, both bushes, clintoon, Nixon, LBJ, Truman, FDR, Wilson, and US Grant about covers it.