free hit counter
Oh, Deer! - Redneck Clubhouse - Of, By and For Rednecks!

Animal House - from Pets to Pterodactyls Post about your own pets and all other members of the animal kingdom

Old December 13th, 2011, 02:09 PM
Registered Beer User

Likes Given: 7,697
Liked 2,907 in 2,357 Posts
Midnight_Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight_Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight_Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight_Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight_Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight_Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight_Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight_Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight_Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight_Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight_Marauder has a brilliant future
Default Oh, Deer!

Some fishing stories are a little hard to believe, But this guy has pictures to prove his story... Tom Satre told the Sitka Gazette that he was out with a charter group on his 62-foot fishing vessel when four juvenile black-tailed deer swam directly toward his boat.

"Once the deer reached the boat, the four began to circle the boat, looking directly at us. We could tell right away that the young bucks were distressed. I opened up my back gate and we helped the typically skittish and absolutely wild animals onto the boat. In all my years fishing, I've never seen anything quite like it!

“Once on-board, they collapsed with exhaustion, shivering. We headed for Taku Harbour. Once we reached the dock, the first buck that had been pulled from the water hopped onto the dock, looked back as if to say 'thank you' and disappeared into the forest.”

After a bit of prodding and assistance, two more followed, but the smallest deer needed a little more help (that’s him in the wheelbarrow). My daughter, Anna, and son, Tim, helped the last buck to its feet. We didn't know how long they had been in the icy waters or if there had been others who did not survive. My daughter later told me that the experience was something that she would never forget, and I suspect the deer felt the same way as well!"
Old December 13th, 2011, 04:45 PM

Likes Given: 1,184
Liked 1,521 in 1,232 Posts
lilpogie has much to be proud oflilpogie has much to be proud oflilpogie has much to be proud oflilpogie has much to be proud oflilpogie has much to be proud oflilpogie has much to be proud oflilpogie has much to be proud oflilpogie has much to be proud oflilpogie has much to be proud oflilpogie has much to be proud oflilpogie has much to be proud of

Kinda makes ya believe it miracles, doesn't it? That's amazing!
Old December 13th, 2011, 04:47 PM
Registered Beer User

Midnight_Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight_Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight_Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight_Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight_Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight_Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight_Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight_Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight_Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight_Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight_Marauder has a brilliant future

The will to live made them lay aside their instinctual fear of the Hew-Mon.
Old December 13th, 2011, 05:05 PM
Registered Beer User

More info and more pics:

Alaska Quest Charters: Alaska Quest rescues four deer in distress

http://juneauempire.com/stories/1008...17573934.shtml
Old December 13th, 2011, 05:11 PM

lilpogie has much to be proud oflilpogie has much to be proud oflilpogie has much to be proud oflilpogie has much to be proud oflilpogie has much to be proud oflilpogie has much to be proud oflilpogie has much to be proud oflilpogie has much to be proud oflilpogie has much to be proud oflilpogie has much to be proud oflilpogie has much to be proud of

So glad they got those photos, they're amazing, so heart-warming...I noticed the one looking back to 'thanks'!
Old December 13th, 2011, 05:12 PM
Registered Beer User

Tom, Anna and Tim Satre help the last of the "button" bucks to its feet.
They did not know how long the deer had been in the icy waters or if there
had been others who did not survive. The good Samaritans (humans)
describe their experience as "one of those defining moments in life." I sure
it was for the deer, as well.
Old December 13th, 2011, 05:13 PM

"one of those defining moments in life."

Yep.
Post liked by
Old December 13th, 2011, 05:19 PM
Registered Beer User

This reminds me a little of Watership Down and The Plague Dogs, novels where the animals had thoughts and ideas, etc and could reason out their problems.

Looks like the leader of this pack at one point said to the rest, "Hey, look at that boat! We can get out of this cold ass water if the Hew-Mons are nice enough to let us on board! Everybody SMILE!"

"And when they let us on board, DON'T FUCKIN FREAK OUT!!! Act responsible!!!!"
Old December 13th, 2011, 05:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnight Marauder View Post
This reminds me a little of Watership Down and The Plague Dogs, novels where the animals had thoughts and ideas, etc and could reason out their problems.

Looks like the leader of this pack at one point said to the rest, "Hey, look at that boat! We can get out of this cold ass water if the Hew-Mons are nice enough to let us on board! Everybody SMILE!"

"And when they let us on board, DON'T FUCKIN FREAK OUT!!! Act responsible!!!!"
Ha! Ha!
Old December 13th, 2011, 05:24 PM
Registered Beer User

And the little one said, "Hey, my nads are frozen solid, I dunno if I can get on that boat or even be able to walk!" and the leader said, "Shut up.... Cosmo! Just get on the fuckin boat gnomesayin?"