free hit counter
Come back Tad! - Page 2 - Redneck Clubhouse - Of, By and For Rednecks!

Animal House - from Pets to Pterodactyls Post about your own pets and all other members of the animal kingdom

Old May 7th, 2012, 03:25 PM
Registered Beer User
Asteroids Champion 007 Everything or Nothing Champion 9-Ball Champion Bombing By Night Champion Flash Pacman Champion Carmageddon Champion Gotham Punch Champion

Likes Given: 7,695
Liked 2,907 in 2,357 Posts
Midnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant future

[MENTION=3403]Amadon[/MENTION] - have you checked with your local dog catcher/animal control? They will kill cats if not identified, after three days. Needs to be the first place you look.

People trap cats all the time, your Tad may have gotten into one of those deals. Happened to me once.

He's a pretty boy... Unfortunately if some kid picked him up and took him home, parents might let them keep him - so also alert all vet places and the humane society.
Old May 7th, 2012, 03:30 PM
Person of Interest

Likes Given: 24
Liked 91 in 84 Posts
Amadon is just really niceAmadon is just really niceAmadon is just really niceAmadon is just really niceAmadon is just really niceAmadon is just really niceAmadon is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by walruskkkch View Post
Did he meet someone online at Catslist? You can't trust people you meet online you know. Nefarious bunch of ne'er do wells and rogues the lot of them.

True religion is to know God as your Father and man as your brother. Religion is not a slavish belief in threats of punishment or magical promises of future mystical rewards.
- The Urantia Book
Old May 7th, 2012, 03:30 PM
Person of Interest

Liked 91 in 84 Posts
Amadon is just really niceAmadon is just really niceAmadon is just really niceAmadon is just really niceAmadon is just really niceAmadon is just really niceAmadon is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnight Marauder View Post
[MENTION=3403]Amadon[/MENTION] - have you checked with your local dog catcher/animal control? They will kill cats if not identified, after three days. Needs to be the first place you look.

People trap cats all the time, your Tad may have gotten into one of those deals. Happened to me once.

He's a pretty boy... Unfortunately if some kid picked him up and took him home, parents might let them keep him - so also alert all vet places and the humane society.
Will do - thanks.

True religion is to know God as your Father and man as your brother. Religion is not a slavish belief in threats of punishment or magical promises of future mystical rewards.
- The Urantia Book
Old May 7th, 2012, 03:58 PM
Registered Beer User
Asteroids Champion 007 Everything or Nothing Champion 9-Ball Champion Bombing By Night Champion Flash Pacman Champion Carmageddon Champion Gotham Punch Champion

Midnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant future

Quote:
Come back Tad!
And I'm sure he will, if able.

You cannot afford to assume he is able. He very well might not be either due to being in a cage, or somebody else's home. Time is your enemy on this, if animal control has him he's either a goner or will be adopted out if he is lucky. I would be on the horn with them, seeing if they picked up any cats in your area last coupla days. Or I would be DOWN THERE looking at all their cats.

I found one of mine that way, twice.

If someone else has him, vet clinics in the area need a poster of him so that when the people bring him in for shots and/or chips, they can then know it's your cat.

Was he "fixed?"
Quote:
He's an indoor cat, so I don't know how he got out.
Are you sure he got out? I once accidentally trapped one of mine in a closet, trapped another in a cupboard. Had another one find a area behind a wall vanity that I didn't know existed, she had trapped herself in there.

Have you eliminated the house completely? Or just assuming?
Old May 7th, 2012, 04:15 PM
Person of Interest

Liked 91 in 84 Posts

He was "fixed" when he was 6 months old. I've looked in every nook and cranny I can think of in the house, and I can't imagine that he wouldn't cry if trapped. I need to take a closer look around the property of my neighbors to see if he's hiding somewhere...

- The Urantia Book
Old May 7th, 2012, 04:39 PM
They call me MR. Kitty

Likes Given: 153
Liked 2,312 in 1,939 Posts
walruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant future

YOu know they could be hiding anywhere.

Quote:
I think its unfair. We voted for Hillary Clinton, but it is Trump who won. It is unfair, Helose said.
Gentlemen, he said I don't need your organization, I've shined your shoes
I've moved your mountains and marked your cards
But Eden is burning either brace yourself for elimination
Or else your hearts must have the courage for the changing of the guards.
Old May 7th, 2012, 09:01 PM
Always correct

Likes Given: 81
Liked 76 in 68 Posts
AllieBaba will become famous soon enoughAllieBaba will become famous soon enoughAllieBaba will become famous soon enoughAllieBaba will become famous soon enough

Go for a walk. I had a big fixed kitty who escaped...I found him about half a block away, hanging out by some sort of big drainage pipe, on a steep bank. I found him when I went walking around, calling him..he started meowing. He wasn't very far away but he was so clueless (his name was DumDum. He was slightly cross eyed, and had extra toes, with claws, on his front feet...it looked like he had extra feet growing out of his primary feet...he was an awesome puddy tat).

Don't assume he'll find his way home, if he's scared he's hiding somewhere.
Old May 7th, 2012, 09:51 PM
Person of Interest

Liked 91 in 84 Posts

Thanks AllieBaba. I've already looked all around the neighborhood, but there's bound to be hiding spots I've missed. Hopefully he'll pluck up enough courage to come back soon.

- The Urantia Book
Old May 7th, 2012, 11:03 PM
Registered Beer User

If he can remember the way... If never been outside much, it can be quite scary and confusing to them.

Hope you find him soon Amadon.
Old May 8th, 2012, 08:42 AM
Person of Interest

Liked 91 in 84 Posts

Thanks MM. We have let him out on our back deck on the odd occasion, and there was one time when he accidentally got locked out and spent the night under the deck. My in-laws were taking care of the house at the time, and they said they heard meowing all night but didn't realize it was him.

He might have just enough familiarity with the outside to enable him to find his way back.

- The Urantia Book