free hit counter
PETA Kills - Redneck Clubhouse - Of, By and For Rednecks!

Animal House - from Pets to Pterodactyls Post about your own pets and all other members of the animal kingdom

Old March 21st, 2013, 11:54 AM
Space Invaders Champion Breakout Champion Bejeweled Blitz  Champion Bejeweled 2 Champion Bejeweled® 2 Action Champion Classic Breakout Champion Medieval Archer Champion Air Blobs Easy Champion Hexed Champion Ancient jewels 2 Champion Bejeweled 3 Champion

Likes Given: 885
Liked 975 in 783 Posts
Vel has much to be proud ofVel has much to be proud ofVel has much to be proud ofVel has much to be proud ofVel has much to be proud ofVel has much to be proud ofVel has much to be proud ofVel has much to be proud ofVel has much to be proud ofVel has much to be proud ofVel has much to be proud of
Default PETA Kills

This shouldn't come as a surprise. It's been the standard operating procedure for PETA for years and the American MSM ignores it because PETA helps advance policies of government control.

PETA killed more than 1,600 cats and dogs at its Virginia headquarters last year - almost 90% of the animals handed over to the charity's American shelter
By KATIE DAVIES
PUBLISHED: 15:57 EST, 20 March 2013 | UPDATED: 20:01 EST, 20 March 2013

Animal rights charity PETA killed almost 90 per cent of dogs and cats placed in the care of the shelter at its Virginia headquarters last year, it has been revealed today.
The charity, well-known for attention grabbing publicity campaigns such as the 'I'd rather go naked' anti-fur campaign, euthanized 1,647 cats and dogs last year and only placed 19 in new homes according to the data submitted to the Virginia Department for Agriculture and Consumer Services.
PETA told Mail Online that the animals they take in at the center are 'unadoptable', however 89.4 per cent of pets is much higher than their own approximation that half of animals taken to shelters end up being euthanized.
A PETA spokeswoman told MailOnline that they had no choice but to euthanize the animals.
'We have a small division that does hands-on work with animals, and most of the animals we take in are society's rejects; aggressive, on death's door, or somehow unadoptable,' she said.
'CCF's goal is to damage PETA by misrepresenting the situation and the number of unwanted and suffering animals PETA euthanizes because of injury, illness, age, aggression, and other problems, because their guardians requested it, or because no good homes exist for them.'

PETA killed more than 1,600 cats and dogs at its Virginia headquarters last year - almost 90% of the animals handed over to the charity's American shelter | Mail Online
Old March 21st, 2013, 12:15 PM
They call me MR. Kitty

Likes Given: 153
Liked 2,312 in 1,939 Posts
walruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant future

Some pigs are more worthy than others.

Quote:
“I think it’s unfair. We voted for Hillary Clinton, but it is Trump who won. It is unfair,” Heloïse said.
Gentlemen, he said I don't need your organization, I've shined your shoes
I've moved your mountains and marked your cards
But Eden is burning either brace yourself for elimination
Or else your hearts must have the courage for the changing of the guards.
Old March 21st, 2013, 12:47 PM
Space Invaders Champion Breakout Champion Bejeweled Blitz  Champion Bejeweled 2 Champion Bejeweled® 2 Action Champion Classic Breakout Champion Medieval Archer Champion Air Blobs Easy Champion Hexed Champion Ancient jewels 2 Champion Bejeweled 3 Champion

Liked 975 in 783 Posts
Vel has much to be proud ofVel has much to be proud ofVel has much to be proud ofVel has much to be proud ofVel has much to be proud ofVel has much to be proud ofVel has much to be proud ofVel has much to be proud ofVel has much to be proud ofVel has much to be proud ofVel has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by walruskkkch View Post
Some pigs are more worthy than others.
Yes I know, but it infuriates me just the same. These people were found several years ago taking animals from people, promising to find them wonderful homes, then killing them in the van they picked them up in before dumping the carcasses in a dumpster on their way back to headquarters.
Old March 21st, 2013, 01:14 PM
€COM#1

Likes Given: 766
Liked 1,826 in 1,620 Posts
moomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant future

I don't see much of an alternative. If they tried placing the animals and failed, what are they supposed to do, exactly?
Old March 21st, 2013, 01:44 PM

Liked 975 in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by moomin View Post
I don't see much of an alternative. If they tried placing the animals and failed, what are they supposed to do, exactly?
First, I don't believe that they attempted to place the animals at all. That would be out of character from what they've done in the past. PETA is a political advocacy group. Their goal is to stop anyone from having pets at all.

They kill these animals to advance their political agenda. The higher the numbers they can claim killed, the more need people will see for laws restricting pet ownership.
Old March 21st, 2013, 03:19 PM
They call me MR. Kitty

Likes Given: 153
Liked 2,312 in 1,939 Posts
walruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by moomin View Post
They should STFU about how other people relate to their pets for one. If you can't walk the walk, don't fuckin' lecture others with just talking the talk.

Quote:
“I think it’s unfair. We voted for Hillary Clinton, but it is Trump who won. It is unfair,” Heloïse said.
Gentlemen, he said I don't need your organization, I've shined your shoes
I've moved your mountains and marked your cards
But Eden is burning either brace yourself for elimination
Or else your hearts must have the courage for the changing of the guards.
Old March 21st, 2013, 04:10 PM
Whammy Champion Press Your Luck Champion Angry Birds Champion Born To Be Big Champion Disco Bowling Champion Jewel Thief Champion Flash Poker Champion Lightning Bugs Champion Ant Kendo Champion

Likes Given: 10
Liked 26 in 23 Posts
Poison Ivy will become famous soon enoughPoison Ivy will become famous soon enoughPoison Ivy will become famous soon enoughPoison Ivy will become famous soon enough

The way I figure is, NO ONE is going to take my pets from me,.
I provide a good home, -shelter, food, etc, .
Any one trying to take my pets from me, will have a hell of a fight on their hands..
Old March 21st, 2013, 05:17 PM

Liked 975 in 783 Posts

If PETA were truly interested in animal welfare and reducing the unwanted animal population, they currently have a 36 billion dollar (tax free) budget that would go far towards subsidizing existing low cost spay neuter programs. There are plenty of ways they could help advance animal welfare that don't demand that others obey their edicts. They are all about the control.
Old March 21st, 2013, 05:26 PM
€COM#1

Likes Given: 766
Liked 1,826 in 1,620 Posts
moomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant future

I must confess I've never cared about PETA or their equivalents enough to look into their wheelings and dealings, but our local shelters do a fine job of collecting and trying to place. And killing, which is inevitable.

And as far as I know, they don't have issues with pets. The do occasionally have issues with pet owners - crazy woman living with 50 cats in an apartment and the like - but most of the time that seems justified to me.

So is USPETA on some sort of anti-pet-owner jihad? That seems kinda stupid, since you'd think pet owners would be their natural fan base.
Old March 21st, 2013, 05:45 PM

Liked 975 in 783 Posts

PETA has made it quite clear that their ultimate goal is the "liberation" of all animals. That includes pets.
We also have some great shelter groups that do good work in trying to place animals, but PETA and The Humane Society of the United States are not among them. Most people aren't aware that HSUS , which runs the most heartrending television commercials ever, donates less than 1 percent of it's entire budget to animal welfare. The rest of the money goes to lawyers and politicians.